So by the looks of my grooming holiday gift guide, I clearly take grooming seriously. I know it can be cumbersome for some guys to navigate the heavy populated waters of the grooming world. There are masks and pastes and gels and creams. It is overwhelming and you may not know what brand or product to trust. Let me help you sort through it all!
Here is a quick guide of my top 11 grooming products that guys should have and why you need them:
- Dollar Shave Club Blueprint Full Collection ($70.00) – You get a set of six (6) 15 mL colognes, three that are fresh and three that have more of a warm scent. You have options depending on the occasion – from woodsy to citrusy to cool. Plus, they are perfect for traveling!
- Nubian Heritage Abyssinian Oil and Chia Seed Body Soufflé ($11.99) – Your skin is your largest organ. You should probably take care of it. The Abyssinian Oil will leave your skin soft and the Chia Seed oil will nourish your skin. What does this all mean, you ask? You’ll have healthy and supple skin. Oh yeah, I just used the word supple. You’re welcome.
- Grooming Lounge Our Best Smeller Cologne ($49.00) – This is the first cologne from Grooming Lounge. With notes of Bergamot, Luxurious Leather and Creamy Vanilla, it has a sweet, yet warm smell. Elevate your scent and give it a try!
- Honour Revitalizing Moisturizer with canister ($125) – This face moisturizer is made with green coffee bean oil for moisture, Moroccan Neroli Flower oil for a relaxing scent, and Bulgarian Rose Water to quench and calm your skin, especially after shaving. Want to know what this moisturizer doesn’t have? Parabens, sulfates and other suspect chemicals. If you sign up for automatic refills of the moisturizer, you’ll get a free canister.
- Oral B Genius electric toothbrush ($179.00) – Anytime my toothbrush has more bells and whistles than my TV either tells me the act of toothbrushing has come a long way OR I need a new TV. I am not sure which is correct, in this case. The Oral B Genius 8000 electric toothbrush has the features that you would expect: Triple Pressure Sensor Technology, a timer and Oscillating-Rotating-Pulsating Technology. What you may not expect: Groundbreaking Position Detection Technology that works with your camera phone (yeah, it includes a stand to hold your phone in front of your mirror) to detect when you brush incorrectly or miss a section of your mouth. It also includes a charging travel case, has a longer battery life, has Bluetooth Technology and comes with an app. I think this toothbrush has out smarted me.
- BaBylissPRO ROSEFX™ Trimmer ($124.99) – Just look at this thing! If you are going to trim anything on your body (and we should all be trimming stuff on our body), why not have your trimmer look like this. It not only has looks, but it has brains. The trimmer features include a Stainless Steel, Adjustable Zero-Gap Blade, a High Torque, Brushless, Ferrari-Designed Engine, a Lithium-Ion Battery with a 3-Hour Cordless Runtime, four (4) Comb Attachments and a Limited 2-Year Warranty. Happy Trimming!
- Bliss No Dull Days Cleansing Stick ($15.00) – Your face goes through a lot every day. Oil, sweat and grime clog your pores daily. This cleansing stick helps to absorb skin-dulling toxins and oil. The Oakwood charcoal attracts and absorbs to purify your skin. Plus you get a nice exfoliation out of it. Gotta shed those dead skin cells! An added plus, it is travel friendly and it doesn’t leak. No leak means no mess.
- Recipe for Men Anti-Shine Moisturizer ($32.00) – If you have a complexion like mine, your face gets shiny from time to time. This anti-shine moisturizer will relieve you from that problem. The micro-pearl system provides an instant matte finish. And a satiny, ultra fine powder reduces skin shine by soaking up excess oil and cutting down shine. This is a great product to have handy. Keep one at work, at home and in the car.
- Iope Men Cleanser ($17.00) – You should be washing your face at least 3x a week. If you play sports or work in an outdoor environment, bump that number up to 5x. Get an all in one cleanser that cleanses your pores from fine dust and debris. Leave it in your shower and make it part of your routine.
- Doc Block Sunscreen ($44.00) – Keep your face out of the sun. If you aren’t going to do that, at least where sunscreen. The Banana Boat was cute when you were 7. As we get older, our skin gets more fragile. So let’s all together avoid the wrinkles and creases for as long as we can. If you are young and don’t have wrinkles yet, they’ll arrive sooner or later. Be proactive and wear sunscreen every day. Rain or shine.
- The Body Shop Guarana and Coffee Energizing Cleanser for Men ($7.00) – If you need an every day cleanser, one that works, is socially conscious and is easy to swing by and re-purchase, The Body Shop Guarana and Coffee Energizing Cleanser is for you. The Brazilian guarantee (Umm, I had to Google that. It is a climbing plant in the maple family, native to the Amazon basin and common in Brazil), Ethiopian green coffee and aloe vera reinvigorates the skin. And it’s 100% vegan.