If you know me well, then you know that I am not the most outdoorsy type of guy. However, if you have traveled with me, then you also know that I love to explore and am always down for a good hike, outdoor run or adventure as long as I can come back to a place where I can properly do my skincare routine. There is an art to keeping your skin looking youthful and refreshed. Consistency is key. Plenty of water and rest are imperative. And the right skincare products are an absolute must.
I recently took a much needed getaway with friends to Calgary and Banff. It was the perfect mixture of city activities along with adventures in nature. The scenery did not disappoint! More to come on that. With the changes in temperature, the shifts in the weather (from rain to shine) and a 14 hour day of hiking, my face and neck needed some special attention for some much needed cleansing and rejuvenation. Thanks to Oars + Alps, I had the perfect skincare products to get me through this trip.
Let me just rant a bit about these Anti-Everything Pads by Oars + Alps. They are the solution for quite literally anything that can affect your face while on vacation. They are anti-acne (to help you avoid any random breakouts), anti-aging (no convincing needed there), anti-pollution (perfect when traveling to large cities) and anti-ingrown hairs. If you do not grow facial hair, congratulations, you are officially my hero. If you can grow a mean beard, like myself, then you know that ingrown hairs, or pseudofolliculitis barbae as it is scientifically known, is a real thing. I probably used these pads about half a dozen times throughout the trip. When I travel, my face tends to get oily and shiny from the wear and tear of travel. Couple that with the temperature fluctuation and the sweat and grime from the outdoors and I had myself a pretty gnarly layer of residue on my face at the end of each day. I highly recommend these pads! No, like, go get them NOW. Here is the link to save you a quick Google search. You are welcome. Rant over!
Luckily for me, the team at Oars + Alps provided me with more awesome products to help me get my skincare routine done while I traveled.
- Oars + Alps Natural Deodorant Fresh Ocean Splash – This product isn’t for your face, obviously, but it comes into direct contact with your skin. It is important to note that it lasted all day during that 14 hour excursion, I smelled great and my black t-shirt remained black in the underarm area. A key point that I must include.
- Oars + Alps Naturally Derived Charcoal Solid Face Wash – I have been using this product for years and I absolutely love it! It is the perfect size for travel and its non-liquid formula makes it TSA-friendly. It rolls on directly on your face which is ideal, especially if you are washing your face outside of the shower. I used it every day on my entire face, neck and upper chest.
- Oars + Alps Oil Attacker Face Mask – Who doesn’t need a little mask once in a while, right? Your face goes through it every day so give it the treatment that it deserves. I definitely did. I used the mask after washing my face. The mask uses Niacinamide, a form of Vitamin B3, to help reduce skin blemishes and uneven skin tone.
- Oars + Alps Anti-Everything Pads – Please reference rant above.
- Oars + Alps Cooling + Cleansing Wipes – These. Are. Everything. Specifically on this trip, I used them to exfoliate my face, neck and upper chest after a long day of site seeing and trail hiking. One side of this wipe has the blue textured surface that lightly scrubs away any grime. You flip the wipe to the other side to feel the most refreshing, cooling sensation ever! And after such a long day, it genuinely felt glorious. The caffeine infused formula awakens your skin giving it a revitalized feeling. The best part about these wipes is that they are huge! Way better than the wipes that are the size of your hand when fully extended.
A moment of silence to the dozen wipes lost during this trip thanks to my friends snagging them at every moment. And a massive thanks to Oars + Alps for getting me through this trip with the perfect quintet of skincare products. I am never traveling without them!
This is a paid partnership with Oars + Alps